APACHE Acute Physiology and Chronic Health Evaluation -from ClinCalc
American Psychiatric Association. Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. 5th ed. Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Association; 2013.
Inouye SK. Delirium in hospitalized older patients: recognition and risk factors. J Geriatr Psychiatry Neurol. 1998;11(3):118–125.
Inouye SK, Zhang Y, Jones RN, Kiely DK, Yang F, Marcantonio ER. Risk factors for delirium at discharge: development and validation of a predictive model. Arch Intern Med. 2007;167(13):1406–1413.
Witlox J, Eurelings LS, de Jonghe JF, et al. Delirium in elderly patients and the risk of postdischarge mortality, institutionalization, and dementia: a meta-analysis. JAMA.2010;304(4):443–451.
Lee KH, Ha YC, Lee YK, Kang H, Koo KH. Frequency, risk factors, and prognosis of prolonged delirium in elderly patients after hip fracture surgery. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2011;469(9):2612–2620.
Alici Y, Breitbart W. Delirium in palliative care. Prim Psychiatry. 2009;16(5):42–48.
Siddiqi N, House AO, Holmes JD. Occurrence and outcome of delirium in medical in-patients: a systematic literature review. Age Ageing. 2006;35(4):350–364.
Shehabi Y, Riker RR, Bokesch PM, et al. SEDCOM (Safety and Efficacy of Dexmedetomidine Compared With Midazolam) Study Group. Delirium duration and mortality in lightly sedated, mechanically ventilated intensive care patients. Crit Care Med. 2010;38(12):2311–2318.
. U.S. Census Bureau. The population 65 years and older in the United States: 2016. ACS-38. October 2018.
2. Hutchison LC. In: Hutchison LC, Sleeper RB ed. Fundamentals of geriatric pharmacotherapy. 2nd ed. Pp 57‐76
3. McLachlan AJ, Pont LG. Drug metabolism in older people--a key consideration in achieving optimal outcomes with medicines. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2012 Feb;67(2):175-80. doi: 10.1093/gerona/glr118. Epub 2011 Aug 10. PMID: 21835808.
4.Hämmerlein, A et al. “Pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic changes in the elderly. Clinical implications.” Clinical pharmacokinetics vol. 35,1 (1998): 49-64. doi:10.2165/00003088-199835010-00004
5. By the 2019 American Geriatrics Society Beers Criteria® Update Expert Panel. “American Geriatrics Society 2019 Updated AGS Beers Criteria® for Potentially Inappropriate Medication Use in Older Adults.” Journal of the American Geriatrics Society vol. 67,4 (2019): 674-694. doi:10.1111/jgs.15767.
6. Steinman MA and Fick DM. Using Wisely: A Reminder on the Proper Use of the American Geriatrics Society Beers Criteria. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2019 April;67(4):644-646.
7. Holmes H, et al. Arch Intern Med. 2006; 166:605‐9.
American Geriatrics Society Updated Beers Criteria® for Potentially Inappropriate Medication Use in Older Adults
Medina-Walpole A, Pacala JT, Potter JF, eds. Geriatrics Review Syllabus: A Core Curriculum in Geriatric Medicine. 9th ed. New York: American Geriatrics Society; 2016.
Shega JW, Paniagua MA, eds. Essential Practices in Hospice and Palliative Medicine. 5th ed. Chicago, IL: American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine; 2017.
CMS Independence at Home Demonstration
Medicare Claims Processing Manual Chapter 12 - Physicians/Non-physician Practitioners
CPT® Evaluation and Management (E/M) Office or Other Outpatient (99202-99215) and Prolonged Services (99354, 99355, 99356, 99417) Code and Guideline Changes
CMS Physician Fee Schedule Final Rule effective January 1, 2021
Giovino JM. House calls: taking the practice to the patient. Fam Pract Manag. 2000 Jun;7(6):49-54. PMID: 12385047.
AAPC Work RVU Calculator (Relative Value Units)
The Doctor Luke Fildes By Luke Fildes - Unknown source, Public Domain,
"He said he makes housecalls, and he'll be here as soon as he gets his horse back from the blacksmith."
House Calls is a painting by Bill Bell
Overwhelmed Doctor istock
10 Reasons How Not Having Enough Money Helps You – One Source Accounting LLC
ACP online Geriatric Screening Tool
BSMH Central Youngstown - Community Resources Guide
Mercy Health Youngstown Patient Resources
Supreme Court of Ohio Guardianship Application forms